Frightful Motherhood (Happy Halloween)

 


If I could go back in time and talk to the woman I used to be before I became "Mom", I would warn myself that sometimes being a mother can be extremely hard, harder than I would ever even imagine.


 It, of course, is well worth the occasional tears but I had no idea what I was getting myself into. I wish someone would had warned me so I could had better prepared myself but then I thought to myself, there really is no right preparation for parenthood. Just honestly just do the best that you can, love your child with all your heart, and hope for the best.

This past week my son has been battling a sickness plus teething. The kid has two Molars! He has been popping teeth like crazy, equaling 11 teeth total. Having a sick child who is not only grouchy and fussy from the aching fevers but adding teething pain on top of it felt like the end of the world to me. Dealing with my son being fussy was something I could handle but seeing him sick and knowing there was nothing else I could try to make him feel better broke my heart.

One of the hardest battles as Parents  is not being able to conjure everything. There is only so much we can do and then we have to rely on prayers and medicine to get us through the struggle. Thankfully after three horrid days, my son started to act like his normal goofy self and it was like a beam of warmth sun-rays shined down on the two of us.

This is the reason why I have been away from the Blogging world for a few days, that and catching up on my huge pile of work that needs to be finished. Like I said, motherhood can be tough but God made women strong and I fully believe that he only gives us what he knows we can handle. If your a mother and feeling defeated, please know that you are not alone in this. You can get through this bump in your path and come out a much stronger and better you. You got this Mama and I am right there with you.

Today we finally adventured out and went on our very first Trick-or-Treating adventure. My husband and I butted heads on what we both wanted to do for Kambryn's Halloween experience and we finally agreed to try Trunk-or-Treating. Kambyrn is still not walking (Almost 14 months old, the kid is just so stubborn) and we knew that with him not walking plus still dealing with the pain of teething, something short & simple would be best for this year's Halloween.

Even though my little racecar driver was grouchy, I still enjoyed seeing him dressed up and experiencing the joy of trick-or-treating. His bright blue eyes grew with curiosity while he watched the children giggle with excitement around him. I could tell that he wanted so badly to join in on their fun. We had an enjoyable night and ended our day snuggled on the couch, eating Halloween candy, and catching up on the latest The Walking Dead episode. Here are some photos that I captured from tonight that I wanted to share with you all.












We hope that everyone has had an amazing Halloween this year. <3 
India

1 comment